A data source is a repository for all incoming data. Data sources can leverage native NS1 monitoring tools or third-party integrations to push data to the NS1 Managed DNS platform.
Instructions for creating a data source
- Log in to the NS1 portal (via https://my.nsone.net).
- Click Integrations in the main navigation.
- Click the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Add a Data Source button, located on the left side of the screen.
- Select one of the data sources (listed below) from the displayed menu.
- Enter a name for the data source, and complete any other form fields displayed. Note that these form fields vary based on the data source. Then click the Create Data Source button.
- Modify the new data source (if desired) on the slightly different screen that appears. Then click the Create a new feed with this data source? button.
- Enter a name for the data feed and a short label representing the service in the fields displayed on the screen. The data feed connects the data source to specific DNS records and answers. Then click the Submit button.
- The new data source now appears in the list under the Incoming Feeds tab.
Now, you can connect the data source to specific answers by editing the answer metadata to point to the new incoming feed. For example, if using the example above, a user would navigate to a record and the specific answer, edit the metadata to connect a specific metadata field to the "Example data feed" created in the last step.
For more information about data sources, data feeds, and integrations, submit a ticket to the NS1 customer support team.