A data source is a repository for all incoming data. Data sources can leverage native NS1 monitoring tools or third-party integrations to push data to the NS1 Managed DNS platform.
Instructions for creating a data source
- Log into the NS1 Managed DNS portal by navigating to https://my.nsone.net.
- Click Integrations from the main navigation.
- Select the Data Sources tab.
- Click Add a Data Source.
- Select one of the data sources below.
- Enter a name for the data source, and complete any other form fields displayed. Note that these form fields vary based on the data source.
- Click Create Data Source. A slightly different screen appears prompting you to create a new feed using this data source. The data feed connects the data source to specific DNS records and answers.
- Click Create a new feed with this data source? and enter a name for the data feed and a short label representing the service.
- Click Submit. The new data source appears in the list under the Incoming Feeds tab. Now, you can connect the data source to specific answers by editing the answer metadata to point to the new incoming feed.
For example, if using the example above, a user would navigate to a record and the specific answer, edit the metadata to connect a specific metadata field to the "Example data feed" created in the last step.
For more information about data sources, data feeds, and integrations, submit a ticket to the NS1 customer support team.