- Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 and any upcoming 3.x release
- Upgrade from 2.1.1 to any version up to 2.5.6
- Ensure your current software version is listed in the supported versions above. If not, contact the NS1 support team.
- Before upgrading, ensure all containers are up and healthy.
- Before upgrading, back up your data. Contact the NS1 support team for assistance.
Step 1: Stop and remove the previous DATA containers installed in your environment—however, do not remove the volumes. (see Figure 1.2)
Step 2: Start the new DATA containers using the same volume mounts as vCurrent. Execute supd upgrade for the primary data container. Stop and remove the vCurrent CORE and XFR containers along with their volumes. (see Figure 1.3)
Step 3: Start the new CORE and XFR containers, ensuring they point to the new upstream data containers. (see Figure 1.4)
Step 4: Stop and remove half of the old DIST, DNS, and DHCP containers along with their volumes. Start the new DIST, DATA, and DHCP containers pointing to their respective upstreams.
Step 5: Stop and remove the rest of the current (old) DIST, DNS, and DHCP containers along with their volumes. Restore the redundant connections from the containers which were upgraded first.