This article provides instructions for creating an IP network within the NS1 Connect portal. IPAM networks can contain subnets that have associated addresses. You can drill down into a network to view the associated subnets and addresses. Note that IPAM configuration tools are only available to NS1 Cloud-Managed DDI customers.
To create a new IP network:
- Navigate to the IPAM tab from the main navigation. This brings you to a list of IPAM networks.
- Click the + button in the upper-right corner to create a new network.
Note: As you drill down into the network’s children and subnets, the function of the + icon changes. When creating a network, make sure you are doing so from the top-level list of networks.
- In the Create new network dialogue box, enter a unique Routing Table identifier (e.g. 1:123). This value cannot match any of your existing IPAM networks.
- Enter a name and description.
- Optionally, under "Tags Management," enter one or more metadata tags and, optionally, their associated values. Click the plus sign (+) to the right to add the tag to the IPAM network. Note that permission tags must include an "auth:" prefix. Permission-based tags are used to determine access controls to view or manage resources. Refer to Using metadata tags & inheritance to learn more.
- Once complete, click Submit. The new network appears in the list.
Double-click any network in the list to drill down into the associated subnets and to view all usage and metadata.