NS1 customers using the Dedicated DNS solution can serve zones either by NS1's Managed DNS network or your Dedicated network—or both. Before you begin, refer to the Dedicated DNS Implementation Guide for step-by-step instructions for implementing the NS1 Dedicated DNS solution.
To configure networks to serve your zone:
- Log in to the NS1 portal (via https://my.nsone.net).
- Click DNS in the main navigation to view a list of all DNS zones associated with your account.
- Click the zone you want to update. Then click the Zone Settings tab.
- Underneath the tab, you will see a Networks section with options in the form of checkboxes:
(a) NS1 Managed DNS Network ("NSONE")
(b) NS1 Dedicated DNS Network ("dedicated")
Check the box next to each network on which you want the zone to be visible.
For most customers, NS1 recommends publishing your zones to both the NS1 Managed and NS1 Dedicated networks.WARNING
Please note that any custom name servers added as an answer to the NS record will be removed when checking/unchecking these boxes.
- Click Save All Changes (located near the bottom of the page).
- Click the Nameservers tab to view the name servers associated with your Dedicated network. Update the registrar settings for your domain to include all of the name servers listed under your Nameservers tab.