See below for a detailed overview of how to configure your Pingdom integration in the NS1 portal and your Pingdom account. Note this integration only supports Pingdom BeepManager.
Configuring Pingdom as a Data Source in the NS1 Portal
1. Navigate to the Integrations section of the NS1 portal, select the Data Sources tab, and click 'Add a Data Source’. Select Pingdom to create a new datasource, supply a name and create data source.
Then select the option to create a new feed within the new data source.
2. Click on "Create a new feed with this data source?" which will prompt you to choose a name for your Pingdom BeepManager Alert and enter the Pingdom Check ID. This name does not need to match anything entered in your Pingdom account and, for the time being, just enter a dummy ID (eg. 123456). We'll update this later once we complete the setup process in your Pingdom account. Now click "Submit" to generate.
3. Your browser should redirect to the Incoming feeds tab. Now locate the Feed URL that has been generated for your new data feed. You will need to enter this in your Pingdom account shortly.
Creating a Webhook in your Pingdom Account
1. In the Intergrations section of your Pingdom account, select Add Intergation to add Type Webhook. Give your Webhook a name and insert the feed URL generated in the NS1 portal. Click Save Intergation.
2.Navigate to the Uptime section and select Add check.
3. Scroll to Connect Intergrations section and tick to connect this Uptime Check to the URL/Webhook you created, in this case “NS1 Webhook Alert.” We recommend setting no delay on notifications. Fill in all other fields as you wish and hit Create check.
4. Click anywhere on the check to generate a pop-up screen. This will result in the Check ID appearing in your browser. You will need this ID number to generate a feed in the NS1 portal.
Connecting Pingdom Check to a Data Feed in the NS1 Portal
1. Now it's time to update your Pingdom alert with the Check ID that you just generated. Open the drop-down menu in your BeepManager feed and click Edit icon.
2. Enter the Check ID (4668160) that appeared in your browser when completing step 4 above and click Submit.
3. Under the Zones section of the NS1 portal, navigate to a record that contains Answers you wish to monitor via Pingdom.
4. If your Filter Chain is already configured with the Up filter, click Filter Data to make the associated metadata appear.
5. Now click on Up metadata of the answer you would like to connect to Pingdom. We'll use the 22.214.171.124 answer in this example. In the opened up Answer Metadata form, click on the Feed icon.
6.Your newly created Pingdom data feed will appear alongside any previously configured monitors. Click on the Pingdom data feed and hit Ok.
7. Your answer is now connected with your Pingdom Check.