Creating a DNS record
- Open the Zones tab in the NS1 portal to display the zone list.
- Click the name of the zone to which you want to add a record. The existing records for that zone are displayed.
- Add new records to the zone:
- Open the Add Record screen by clicking the Add Record button on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Select the Record Type from the list of options. Refer to NS1-supported DNS record types for more information about each record type.
- Specify a name (subdomain) for the record, or leave the field blank to create a root-level record.
- Specify the TTL in seconds. The default value is 3600. Learn more about best practices for TTL configuration in the Help Center.
- Add answers for the record. Answers are the endpoints to which you want to point DNS traffic.