As an alternative to adding individual zones manually, you have the option to import zone files from your previous DNS provider.
To import a zone file:
Download the zone file from your existing DNS provider.NOTE
Refer to this Wikipedia article to understand common and accepted zone file types.
- Log in to the NS1 portal (via https://my.nsone.net).
- Click DNS in the main navigation to view a list of all DNS zones associated with your account.
- To add a zone, click the "+" button on the right side of the screen.
- Under Zone Settings, select Zone file import. Then click Browse Files.
- Navigate to and select your desired zone file, and click Open.
- Click Save Zone. The new zone appears in the list with all associated records automatically created for you.
Zone files only capture static DNS records, so you'll need to manually configure Filter Chains for any dynamic and intelligent records.
If you experience issues when attempting to upload zone files, use the
named-checkzone tool to validate your zone file before uploading. If your file passes validation and you are still experiencing issues, contact NS1 support by submitting a support ticket or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.