As an alternative to adding individual zones manually, you have the option to import zone files from your existing/previous DNS provider.
To import a zone file:
- Download the zone file from your existing DNS provider.
Note: Refer to this Wikipedia article to understand common and accepted zone file types.
- In the NS1 portal, click Zones in the main navigation.
- Click Add Zone.
- Under Zone Settings, select the radio button next to Zone file import, and click Browse Files.
- Navigate to and select the zone file , and click Open.
- Click Save Zone. The new zone appears in the list with all associated records automatically created for you.
Note: Zone files only capture static DNS records, so you'll need to configure Filter Chains for any dynamic and intelligent records manually.