This article explains how to create a new Free Developer account via the NS1 Managed DNS portal (https://my.nsone.net).
A valid credit card is required during account creation to secure the service and prevent fraudulent account sign-ups. A small verification charge ($2.00) may be incurred to confirm credit card authorization which will be credited back. NS1 will not charge you unless your usage exceeds the NS1 free-tier limits.
Specify a username and password, enter your billing information, and select a plan.NOTE
By default, passwords must contain between 8-32 characters. Contact the NS1 support team to request enhanced password strength requirements for all users associated with the account/organization, including:
- Minimum length of 12 characters
- No leading or trailing spaces (spaces between characters are permitted; eight maximum)
- At least one uppercase character
- At least one numerical character
- At least one special character (for example: !, #, @, $)
The Starter version of the Free Developer plan is free of charge within the usage limits. NS1 will only bill you in the event your account sees DNS query overages. Overages are billed at $8 USD for every one million queries per month.