The activity log is a valuable source of information that can tell you more about the monitoring jobs, scope groups, records, and other created, updated, or deleted objects for both Managed DNS and Cloud-Managed DDI. However, only so much of this historical data can be retained and displayed within the activity log. To help you keep better logs of this vital information, you can create and schedule reports that can be sent out daily, weekly, or monthly.
You can generate several different types of reports:
- Activity log
- DHCP top talkers
- DNS usage
- DNS usage by zone record
- DNS usage by zone
- Lease history
- Lease usage
- Lease usage by scope group
- LPS (leases per second)
- LPS by scope group
- Network utilization
- Queries per second (QPS)
- QPS by zone record
- QPS by zone
- Scope group usage
Viewing Scheduled Reports
- Log in to the NS1 Connect Portal.
- Click Reports in the top navigation. The Activity Log page opens.
- To open the Scheduled Reports page, click Scheduled Reports in the sub-navigation.
- On the Scheduled Reports page, you can select a scheduled report to view more details about it, including the frequency, the file type, and when it will next run, as well as other details. You can also modify or delete the scheduled report.
Scheduling a Report
- On the Scheduled Reports page, click the + button on the right side of the screen.
The Create Scheduled Report page opens.
- Complete the fields of the form. Some of the parameters will change depending on the Report Type that you select, but in general, you are specifying the following settings:
- Frequency: How often reports are generated and sent. If you select Weekly or Monthly, you can also specify a day of the week (Sunday through Saturday) or one of the first five days of the month that reports should be generated and sent.
- Frequency Time: What time of day reports should be generated
- Start Date: The first date and time that the first report should be generated
- End Date: The date or number of reports after which reports should no longer be generated
- File Type: The file format in which reports should be generated
- Name: The name of the scheduled report
- Emails: The email addresses to which reports should be sent, with each email address separated by a comma
You must specify a scope group ID for scope group or lease history reports. You must specify a network ID for the network utilization report. If you select the Activity Log report type, you can specify which action (create, update, or delete) to report.
- Click the Save button to save the scheduled report settings.
Modifying a scheduled report
- On the Scheduled Reports page, select the report that you want to modify, then click Edit.
- Modify the fields on the Edit Scheduled Report page.
- Click the Update button to save the report.