After creating Pulsar applications and jobs, you must apply the Pulsar job to the corresponding DNS answer via the answer metadata. Once connected, you will configure a Filter Chain using one of the Pulsar filters to complete Pulsar configuration—fully activating Pulsar active traffic steering technology.
Follow the steps below to apply a Pulsar job to the corresponding answer.
- Log into the NS1 portal and navigate to the Zones page.
- Click the relevant zone, and then click the corresponding record from the list to view the list of associated answers.
- Click the menu icon to the right of the DNS answer to which you want to apply the Pulsar job. Select Edit Answer Metadata.
- Under Settings, click Pulsar data and select a Pulsar job from the list.
- Click Ok. Repeat this process for all jobs specified within the Pulsar application. Note the jobID and any other metadata that appears beneath the respective answer.
To complete Pulsar configuration and activate real-time dynamic traffic steering, create a Filter Chain for this record using at least one of the Pulsar filters.